click on the photo for the full story
The search for two people involved in the fatal midair collision into waters near Ketchikan on Monday continues, an updated statement from Princess Cruises said Tuesday.
The planes that collided Monday morning were carrying a total of 16 people. The Coast Guard confirmed late Monday night that four people died in the collision. Petty Officer Jon-Paul Rios said one person had been found during Monday's search and rescue teams were still looking for two others.
Princess Cruises originally stated that five people had died in the incident, but walked back that number in a clarified statement Tuesday morning, saying there were only three fatalities and that authorities "had recovered the last guest on the Taquan aircraft and were taking action to notify the family."