click on the photo to read the full story
DEMOCRAT-LED HOUSE UPSET ABOUT VETOES
Gov. Michael Dunleavy restored numerous programs in the HB 2001 spending package that was sent to him by the governor.
These are programs that he had originally vetoed when legislators Key programs and services restored in HB 2001:
- $21.5M to Senior Benefits Program
- $110.25M to the University of Alaska
- $8.8M to Early Learning Programs, including Head Start, Early Childhood Grants, Parents as Teachers, and Best Beginning
- $759,100 to Alaska Legal Services Corporation
- $809,100 to Online with Libraries and Live Homework Help
- $3.8M to Alaska State Council on the Arts
- $100,000 to Office of Veterans Affairs for an additional Veterans’ Services Officer
- $2.2M to Human Services Matching Grants and Community Initiative Grants
- $533,500 to reopening the Utqiagvik (Barrow) Law Office
- $2.7M to Agricultural Programs
A restored items of interest document can be found here.