click on the photo to read the full story
A recent survey by the Anchorage Economic Development Corporation on the impact of COVID-19 to businesses shows that many face financial uncertainties.
"It tells us a story that we're not surprised by," said AEDC President and CEO, Bill Popp. "But it does help us to define just how big of a hole our economy is in right now."
- 16% of businesses that responded say they are at risk of closing
- 22% don't know if they will be able to stay open
- 62% of respondents are confident they will stay open
- At least 31% of respondents have already laid off employees
- 64% of respondents have seen a loss in revenue
- 46% believe their revenue will be significantly down in the first half of 2020